3 weeks of workouts in the bag, nutrition on point, and ready to finish packing these bags, board that airplane, and land on the beaches of Punta Cana tomorrow afternoon. Vacation mode: ON!!!
Before this trip set out, I fell into the post- New Year's goals already met so back to eating not as healthy and drinking a few too many glasses of wine here and there... I wanted to get to WORK on knocking out a round of one of my old favorites and program that started this journey for me over 2.5 years ago. I decided I'd take it back to the reason why we're going on this trip in the first place- because I decided to try out 21 Day Fix and Shakeology and become a coach with Beachbody. And the rest as they say is history.
What's 21 Day Fix All About Anyway???
- 30 Minutes a day x 3 weeks
- Light & Medium Weights
- Simple moves + a modifier to follow
- Simple color coded portion containers for easy meal prep
- No calorie counting
These last 21 days were no easy feat...
Easter came creeping along with the Reese's eggs, the treats, the wine, and the mimosas. We did our best to stay on track but let's face it, life happens. And it's all about balance. But for 21 days I sweat, I worked, I pushed, and I COMPLETED this program, for the second time.
On Day 18 I added in the 3 Day Refresh- which is a little cleanse- don't worry, I still ate food!- to help flush out those Easter treats and tighten up that last little bit before we headed out for our trip. And I'd never done the 3 Day Refresh before so I wanted to give it a shot- what better time than before the beach.
What is the 3 Day Refresh???
It's a scientifically designed program that helps you fast-track your weight loss, kick-start healthy eating, and get a clean break from bad nutrition habits. It's super simple & straightforward and will help cleanse your body and improve the way you feel— without starving yourself. It helps keep up your metabolism while nourishing your vital organs. For 3 days you’ll follow a program of 3 shakes a day, a fiber drink, plenty of filtered water, plus a wide array of fresh fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats throughout the day to keep your energy and metabolism going.
- Shakeology every day for breakfast blended with fruit
- 2 super yummy Vanilla Fresh shakes (lunch and dinner) - protein packed & plant based (non GMO)
- tons of fruits and veggies- all fresh- and some healthy fats added in each day
- a fiber sweep... ok, hold on... like you want me to drink this fiber drink then sit on the toilet all day???- not that at all actually. Without giving too much away- this is PERFECT for your digestive system- and this does NOT leave you running to the bathroom... I didn't notice a difference in my "regular habits" during these 3 days at all.
- Sipped green tea a couple times each day too
- Decreased bloating
- Increased my energy and clarity
- I didn't feel starved or unsatisfied
- I ATE FOOD!- no juice cleanse/pills/wraps/funny business here...
- I feel a lot better going into this trip!
Who Would Benefit From the 3 Day Refresh?
- Anyone who is looking to give your nutrition/weight loss a little jolt
- Reset after a holiday weekend
- Trim up/lean out in prep for a trip
- Has hit a plateau with weight loss
- Is about to start a fitness/nutrition regimen and wants to kick it up a notch
- Wants to lose a few pounds
- Needs an energy reset
*The 3 Day Refresh is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women due to the decrease in caloric recommendations.
I didn't do weight or measurements (I'm not a fan of the scale) but I did notice that my shorts are a little looser, my bloat has decreased A LOT from Easter treats, and I feel much more energized today. I feel stronger from the workouts and overall really great- it's a really great feeling to knock out a fitness program start to finish!
If you're interested in beginning a fitness routine, incorporating daily workouts into your schedule, resetting your nutrition, creating some new healthier habits, eliminating bad habits, I'm taking applicants for my next group (I have one beginning on the 23rd!). Please complete the following application for more information.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.