Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Best Fish Tacos Ever

best fish tacos ever, clean eating, healthy, tilapia, easy, recipes, dinner, fresh, yummy, slaw, guacamole, lime, chili, tortilla, mexican, 21 day fix

My dad is a carnivore.  He is the grillmaster.  The king of BBQ.  Definitely a meat and potatoes type of guy.  I think of Ron Swanson from Parks & Rec when I think of my dad!  

Anyway, my parents came for dinner the other night and my dad asked that I make my delicious fish tacos and it blew me away.  Really?!  Fish tacos?  So I upped my game, added a little bolder flavor and flair and whipped up these bad boys and sure enough he loved them!  

So I had to share them with all of you.  I added a cilantro lime slaw and fresh guacamole (something I've been making for nearly 20 years, and it was excellent.  Pair with my Skinny Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita and enjoy!  

For the Fish: 

Ingredients: 

4 large tilapia (or whitefish) filets, thawed
1 large lime, quartered 
1 tbsp chili powder

Directions: 

Squeeze lime wedges over fish, 1 wedge per filet.  Coat with chili powder.  Bake at 410* for 18-20 minutes.  

For the Slaw: 

1 bag cabbage slaw
1/4 c plain Greek Yogurt
1 wedge of lime
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
Sea salt to taste

Directions: 

Mix yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, and pinch of sea salt to form a creamy dressing.  Toss slaw in dressing.  Top fish with slaw mixture. 

For the Guac: 

2 medium ripe avocaods
1 small tomato, diced
1 small shallot, finely chopped 
1 wedge of lime 
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sea salt

Directions: 

Mash avocado.  Add remaining ingredients.  Serve over tacos.  Try not to eat it all!  

*** Serve in Corn Tortillas

For 21 Day Fix: 

1 Yellow (tortillas) 
1 green (slaw) 
1.5 red (fish & Greek yogurt) 
1 blue (guac) 

Salsa (optional) 1/4 purple 

easy, fish, taco, recipe, dinner, healthy, clean, yummy, tilapia, chili, lime, slaw, fresh, guacamole, simple

No comments:

Post a Comment